[PD] Re: new pmpd developer

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 14 14:53:06 CET 2005

Hallo,
cyrille hat gesagt: // cyrille wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >I also will try to clean up some of my patches, which already
> >incorporate data structures in some applications. For example I have a
> >"physical structure editor" in the works, which so far is still a bit
> >very confusing.
> wow,
> the aim of next pmpd object is to make this possible!!!
> you're going faster than me...

Well, I'm still far away from real usability ad the patch is a real
mess. ;) A REAL one! If it's cleaned up I'll send it immediatly. But
the last days I was a bit distracted by scanned synthesis stuff. I've
put the result online now at: http://footils.org/cms/show/41

It's a simple scanned string thing much like your corde.pd, which is
an obvious inspiration. I am using dyn~ there to simplify creation of
the pmpd-model a lot. The string length is settable now, although I
still create a whole new string everytime the length changes.

There are some abstractions inside, which may be useful for other
purposes, too, for example a list normalizer for lists with variable
length.

I used xgroove~ in the actuallöy scanning engine, which works much
more clean than phasor/tabread4, however maybe still not clean enough
for dynamically changing tables if the changes are large.

An advantage of [dyn~] also is, that I can manage the connections to a
[pack] with it as well, so a lot of manual patching work can be
skipped with it. I think, because of something like a "configurable
list outlet" for pmpd~ could be useful as well.

Oh, and I now also switched to pd-0.38-test which supports dynamic
tables and arrays much better with less dropouts.

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38