how (many) are we [was: Re: [PD] Segmented patch chords?]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Mar 14 17:55:25 CET 2005

The Frylab thing died.  It was a free-for-all that dominated by jam
band enthusiasts...  oh well...  but it would be great to get a regular
Pd thing going in NYC.  I know a couple dedicated Pd users and a quite
a few off-and-on users, plus with the media arts programs in NYC, there
is a large potential pool.  I just finished by Masters at ITP/NYU
(http://itp.nyu.edu ), there are about 220 students there (more than
half women, I should say), and Max/MSP/Jitter is popular.  Proce55ing
has almost completely replaced Director/Flash there, I figure Pd is
next.

We should start meeting at another regular event, like Share, then if
we get enough people, branch out on our own.

.hc