[PD] PDa on HP IPAQ 5550

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Mar 14 18:18:43 CET 2005

Hey Chris!

CK wrote:

>>1) The "PDa development environment" you mention on the PDa site, which
>>you run on your desk/laptop to make PDa patches... when is that available?
>

> I use remote X11 forwarding that works fine

OK, thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

>>2) What about externals? I'm particularly interested in your [shell]
>>object, and also in using OSC on the IPAQ.
>

> dunno about shell osc should work now, but only server IIRC

Sorry, can you clarify? Is there an OSC object compiled somewhere for
the ARM? And if it's server only, does that mean it can't receive OSC
messages???

>>3) Is it normal that the GUI is messed up? In my case, "messed up" means
>>that number boxes do not display anything, and when I create a new
>>object, the name of that object gets typed in the upper-left corner of
>>the screen and never appears within the graphical bounds of the object.
>>Add more objects and the names just pile on top of each other.
>

> it's normal on familiar 0.8.1 with the 5550 (I have the same issue here)
> try an old tcl/tk from familiar instead of guenter's that might help.
> (it worked for me with the previous version of pda before I tried the
> new one with guenter's tcl/tk)

Will try this as well. Right now, "ipkg update" isn't working for me,
seems it can't find its way to the WIFI, even though everything else can.

> did you get alsa audio working with line in/out on the 5550 ?
> last time I checked it would only output to the speaker.

Yup, only getting sound out the speaker. Since my project depends on
using the record line-in, I better get this one sorted out fast! The
Audio Settings menu lists only "OSS Device #1", so I don't think I'm
using ALSA at all. Is that a different kernel or module set than what
comes stock in Familiar?

Maybe you know, can the 5550 record stereo from the line in? I was under
the impression it is only a mono input.

derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl