[PD] Newb: Problems cutting connections in edit mode

Rob Bennett rob at lossfoundation.com
Tue Mar 15 00:45:52 CET 2005

Hi - I'm attempting to join the Pure Data revolution. A major impedance is
my inability to disconnect patch cords in edit mode. The documentation
leads me to believe that if I mouse over a patch cord and see the hand
change to an X, a further click will disconnect the objects / messages /
etc. I see the X, and I click, but the cable simply turns blue
(highlighted) and stays put stubbornly. After it turns blue, I've tried
pressing "delete," grabbing the cable, and a number of various other things
to no avail. I've tried both pd 0.37 and 0.38-4 under WinXP SP1 on two
separate and very differently configured machines, with the same problem on
all versions and hardware.  Connecting and moving objects is not a problem.

Rob