[PD] Audio sustain?

chris tyrrell shaper_mechanist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 02:47:20 CET 2005

--- Rodrigo Cadiz <rcadiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody, is there any "audio sustain" external
> available for pd?
> What I'm looking for is a way to repeat a live audio
> signal for a
> while, similar to the object tap.sustain~ available
> for Max in
> TapTools.

hmmmm i had a quick look at the taptools site, does it
merely take in a sampler through adc~ and loop it? or
does it do something special? I have always found pd
to be a little problematic when it comes to
contiinuous sampling from a live source as i've never
found a way to write to a buffer table constantly
without gaps and clicks [although that may be my flaw
rather than pd's ;-)] but you can do it with
internally looping vd~s, is this what you're kind of
looking for?