[PD] Audio sustain?

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 04:36:36 CET 2005

>Hi everybody, is there any "audio sustain" external
>available for pd?  What I'm looking for is a way to
>repeat a live audio signal for a while, similar to
>the object tap.sustain~ available for Max in
TapTools.

Rodrigo

I have a few patches that use the [tabsend~] and
[tabreceive~] and the [tabwrite~] objects to do
looping.  I'm not sure what you're actually trying to
do (other than loop) but I've been playing with
patches that will sample snapshots (10 ms - 1 minute)
of incoming audio and loop those.  My more advanced
version of looper is based off the tutorial looping
sampler examples and features tansposition, speed
control, you can specify loop length, record your own
audio from [adc~] and so on.  I've also created my own
abstraction which acts as a master clock for multiple
instances of these objects to synch themselves to.

 Well... at any rate, there are plenty of PD gurus out
there who will probably have better answers than me
but feel free to contact me for my current verisons of
these abstractions.

Phil