[PD] How to acquire the block size?

Miikka Tikander miikka.tikander at hut.fi
Thu Mar 17 09:15:07 CET 2005

Hi,

I've been learning how to program externals for pd for some time now.
However, I've been wondering if there is a way to acquire the block size
inside the external  e.g. inside my_obj_new()?

I'm using fftw, and I need to know the block size to allocate memory and
to create the plans for the transforms. Of course I could hard code the
  frame size, or perhaps have it as a parameter. Still it would make
things so much more flexible if I could use the existing block size.

Thanks for any help!

-miikka