[PD] pd on shared linux server

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Mar 18 14:41:01 CET 2005

Hi Cera,

please note the remote X11 forwarding post I just sent out. I think it
might be useful for you to administrate PD running on a server.

However, if you compile PD thusly:

cera wrote:
> $ ./configure --without-X --without-tcl

you will not be able to use the remote X11 over SSH because it relies on
the X display of the Remote machine (i.e. the server). Of course, there
are other ways of doing it (stop PD, make a new patch and SCP that to
the running server and then start PD with "-nogui" and "-open $FILENAME"
flags, for example).

So, it might be a good idea to approach the administator of your server
and ask if it's possible to install TCL, TK and X for your use.

best,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl