[PD] GEM pix delay loop

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Mar 21 16:34:41 CET 2005

This looks a lot more like a problem for a PDP solution.

I would not think one could send the whole gemlist [s loop] back up the
chain into itself. Remeber that in Gem it is NOT the video data passing
through the gemchain but control data and pointers.

Perhaps some Gem developers may have an idea of how to make this work...
Gem is not the solution to all problems, and if you are working with the
video-data passing through cords mind-set PDP/PiDiP is a better choice.

I know Jamie is working on some PDP to Gem bridge stuff, maybe when that
is ready you could combine the two and use PDP only for the pix_ stuff.

Also in gridflow the data is actually passing through cords... but I'm
not sure what OS your running or if Gridflow is the best solution to
your particular problem.

B.