[PD] GEM pix delay loop

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 21 22:35:47 CET 2005

Hi Ian,

> [pix_delay 100]

If I remember correctly, the pix_delay object needs
the amount of delay explicitly set via its second
inlet ... but you did that probably. Anyway, it is
probably right that GEMs paradigm doesn't allow for
that type of manipulation, maybe johannes can get into
this more deeply.
The only ways to do iterative processing with gem i
can think of is to use either pix_buffer,
pix_buffer_read and pix_buffer_write  (it's really
awkward and rather slow, but it does work). The other
solution would use pix_snapshot, but I haven't tried
that yet. There was a patch (by Ben Bogart iirc)
somewhere on the list that illustrated how to do this
... I'll dig it out if you can't find it. However, the
latter pretty much maxed my CPU out.

hope this helps,
thoralf.