[PD] pdp-pidip:recording to video files

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Tue Mar 22 14:04:30 CET 2005

Bill Sack wrote:

hola,

> hello to all,
>
> is it possible for the pdp_rec~ object in pidip to record at a larger
dimension than 320x240? i've tried passing packets of a larger scale to it, and
it still makes movies of 320x240. i poked around in the source for the object:
it seems like it would accept some kind of messages for setting the scale of
the movie, but rather than blindly flail in the dark i'm asking those who might
actually know!

surprised...surprised.... :

> qtinfo output.mov
> File output.mov:
> 1 audio tracks.
> 2 channels, 8 bits, sample rate 44100, length 154304 samples, compressor twos.
> supported.
> 1 video tracks.
> 800x600, depth 24, rate 10.000000, length 50 frames, compressor jpeg.
> supported.

don't you have a pdp_scale object somewhere?

> on a related subject: can anyone suggest a way to record pdp video stream in a
way that can be synced with a a simultaneous audio stream? i've noticed (on my
machine, anyway) that pdp_rec~ drops enough frames that a/v sync goes out
pretty quickly. has anyone experimented with anything else (e.g.: streaming out
through pdp_live~ to a separate recordng app). i'm looking for a cheap way to
archive live audio/video happenings (so recording onto external dv through
s-video is not really an option right now).

oh this, well, why don't you try to record to theora with pdp_theorout~,
i'm afraid it's the way we'll go from now on.

cheers,
sevy