[PD] controlling PDa

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Mar 22 15:56:06 CET 2005

Hi Guenter.

in this paper:

http://gige.xdv.org/pda/ICMC2003.pdf

you mention two "alternate" ways of controlling PDa: a serial connection
to external controllers and gestural/handwriting recognition. I was
wondering if you could provide a bit more information about the second
(handwriting recognition) and perhaps some known implementations on the
IPAQ of the former (serial input).

I've been investigating GPS input via Bluetooth/serial connection, and
Joel Ryan at STEIM says he used IPAQs a while ago as wireless relays for
accelerometers attached to dancers (this was before they got into
hacking wireless game controllers, a technique they have really
perfected as of late!), so there's at least a couple of known
implementations from my end.

best,
derek

--