[PD] best linux system for using Pd just now

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Tue Mar 22 20:36:10 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net wrote:
> So if anyone has a quick solution for running Pd as soon as possible, it will be
> truly appreciated

To fix the kernel problems you might consider installing the agnula
kernels:

add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://apt.agnula.org/demudi testing local

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.25-1-multimedia-386
apt-get install alsa-modules-2.4.25-1-multimedia-386

use alsaconf to configure the card, unfortunately I have no experience
with the HDSP.

for PD:

apt-get install puredata

I don't know if this will work, but its quick to try

Guenter