ALSA midi patch (Re: [PD] best linux system for using Pd just now

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Wed Mar 23 10:35:56 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > for PD:
> >
> > apt-get install puredata
> i hope, this won't install the buggy version of pd with the memory leak,
> that crashes your machine after a short time ...

It only has problems if you use MIDI output a lot. I decided to accept the
alsa midi patch because I think it opens a lot of possibilities on Linux.
I haven't reviewed it properly, I am sorry for that.

But actually this points out the very problem that Miller has when people
contribute. It is sometimes easier to write the code yourself than having
to review code of others.

Guenter