[PD] "Done with Pd"-PR for puredata.org

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Mar 24 16:54:59 CET 2005

Comments inline...

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> This is exactly what I mean. Another motivation could be: if you're in
> the Workshop business, a collection of examples of what was done with
> Pd and it possible with it is very helpful to convince organizations
> to do a Pd workshop.

Great idea this would certainly be a good selling point for workshops.

> Well, very true. However I think, such a project DB should not include
> smaller works like "I did a recording with pd, download it here:
> http://footils.org/some.ogg"
>
> Or maybe it should include something like this, too, but the larger
> projects or works should be up front, IMO.

I understand your rational now. Anything that exists in the PD
documentation should probably not be in there!

> Hey, yeah: Ratings done by voting would be a good idea. Only pd.org
> members then are allowed to rate a project. Probably there already is
> a Plone module for something like this. [x] needs investigation.

Gets rid of the Jury problem and adds another level of community
togetherness.

> I remember something, remember something, ... but no, I forgot: What
> is ANN again?

Johannes, I can't find my link for this project, what was it called? The
one that you used the artificial nerual network trained by the life's
work of a composer?

The "project of the day" could just be a random grab from the top 10 of
the voting list of projects.

B.