[PD] Loss of MIDI Connection [was: Writing Csound scores with PD]

William Fields w.fields at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:40:54 CET 2005

Yes, I have seen this too.  With me, it still sends MIDI data, but it
seems to be garbled somehow because it starts controlling the wrong
things and everything starts acting strangely.  The only way I have
found to fix it is to stop and restart PD.  I have not been able to
detect a pattern to it either.  Seems to happen randomly.

The MIDI controller I am using is a Kaoss Pad 2 and I am running WinXP
and pd 0.38.

Perhaps PD gets lost in the MIDI stream, so to speak?  Parsing the
messages in the wrong places?  Just a thought...

-Bill
http://www.williamfields.com