[PD] controlling robots/printers w/ PD

Robert Garvin RobertGarvin at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 26 22:12:15 CET 2005

Ok.. here's the deal. The printer is usb, and I've used the HID object, and
it didn't recognize it (it may have, but it was on a usb hub.) also, the
robot would be connected via usb. I thought about the wireless idea, and
thought about the wireless mouse, but I wasn't sure if the part that plugs
into the port had both a send and receive function to transmit info. An IR
port would be neat, except it would force the robot to stay within
line-o-sight (or reflections) of the port (this wouldn't be a problem if the
robot was a stationary arm, which is what I think I should start with.

-Robert