[PD] controlling robots/printers w/ PD

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sat Mar 26 23:07:51 CET 2005

Le 26 Mars 2005 14:54, Robert Garvin a écrit :
> I was wondering if there was already an external to control a printer or a
> robot with PD.  If not, does anyone know how I would go about writing one?
> I understand that if you were to write a binary, you'd probably have to
> understand C (or C+ or C++. whatever it's called). Obviously, I don't
> understand any of it. If anyone can help me, let me know.

I don't understand  the connection between the printer and the robot, but
there's externals to use the printer's parallel port as a input/ouput
interface. Mine is called "parapin", because it is linked to the parapin
library: http://puredata.info/Members/odradek/parapin

If you want to communicate with external devices through the serial port, I
made a set of externals for converting a serial stream of acsii characters to
pd atoms, and also for converting pd atoms to a serial stream:
http://puredata.info/Members/odradek/ascii-0.1.1.tar.bz2/file_view

I'm about to release a new version the ascii externals that would compile on
other systems with the latest flext.

--
Marc