[PD] [GEM] pix_video, Win 2000, Matrox

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sat Mar 26 23:42:35 CET 2005

Hello all,

I was wondering if any one has experience or suggestions with/for this
problem. I've got a patch that uses [pix_video] to pull in a DV stream.
It works fine on both of my Windows XP Pro machines, one of which has
built in firewire, and the other uses an Audigy soundcard for firewire.

When I try to use the same patch on a Windows 2000 machine, with the
same Sony DV camera, I get some odd errors. First, the Win 2000 machine
has 2 firewire ports, one on an Audigy soundcard, and another on a
Matrox RT X100 Pro. This computer also has a Radeon 9800 (Pro?) video
card that I'm using for output. Sending [enumerate( to [pix_video]
outputs this:

Dev 0: Microsoft DV Camera and VCR
Dev 1: Matrox Video Capture Device

Both [open 0( and [open 1( do not print errors, but neither displays the
DV stream. The first displays nothing, while the second displays a black
screen with red, green, and blue dots interspersed randomly around it.

I have captured from this camera, on this computer, in Premiere, over
the Matrox firewire. Neither the matrox or audigy firewire ports
register any new devices when the camera is plugged in, like WinXp does,
but I'm not sure if it should do that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ian