[PD] $1, message objects and pdsend

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 04:04:55 CEST 2005

On 27 Mar 2005, at 8:09 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> As I say above, it's not ignored, but the message produced is not
> considered to be a list anymore. Furthermore, the message-type is never
> accessible as $1, because $1 is the start of the message-content.

yes, all is as it should be - I was only recommending an addition to
the help files to make it clear, since it took me a while to figure out
what was happening. Maybe the example attached could be added to these
files:

    doc/2.control.examples/10.more.messages.pd
    doc/5.reference/help-message.pd

> You may need a [prepend] object. There are several ones provided by
> different libraries.

but is there a simple way to [prepend] without using external
libraries? I'm making the subpatch to put in patches I'm sharing with
others, so I would like to have Gem as the only external needed beyond
the standard distribution.

thanks

simon