[PD] Beginner

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:14:53 CEST 2005

This Agnula is for Linux?  Can't use it.
The CSoundAV manual mentions that, oddly, some faster computers end up
slower than slower ones, but the machines he mentions are dwarfed by
mine, and I get useless noise.  Trying to make that and/or Pd work is
keeping me from getting my compositions done, so I guess I'll have to
come back to them.

-Chuckk

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:14:32 +0200, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the links.  I've hunted down some of the Windows problems
> > mentioned in the documentation.  The chopping and crackling is mostly
> > gone.  I am playing with the Arp from that page, and I'm coming to the
> > conclusion that Pd just isn't for Windows XP.  Csound real-time gives
> > me some of the same problems, which I've never seen before.  I have 2
> > Ghz, 512M RAM, but maybe I'd need more.
>
> At least not for Pd and not to fix your latency problems. Latency
> cannot be fixed with more RAM. If nothing else helps I'd recommend:
> www.agnula.org
>
> I still run Pd on my 900MHz Althlon and 256MB without any problems and
> with low(ish) latency using Linux. I'd like to upgrade my CPU, but I
> cannot really convince yet myself that it is necessary.
>
> Ciao
> --
> Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__
>
>          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41