[PD] loadbang in dynamic abstractions

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Mar 29 00:03:17 CEST 2005

Hey Roman,

I did not realize there was a special receive for a patch to send its
loadbang! Thanks for teaching me a little something.

I was about to impliment this in my pixelTANGO abstractopm when I
relized a little snag.

We can send messages to an abstraction:

[myabst]

with

[; pd-myabst.pd <

BUT what if I call my abstraction with:

[/long/ugly/path/to/myabst]

I dont think that this would work:

[; pd-/long/ugly/path/to/myabst.pd <

Ah, well it looks like you still use pd-myabst.pd

We'll that was fun, Now I need another python script to strip the
pathname from the abstraction name!

I still think it is more elegant to do it this way.

Thanks for the tip Roman.

I'll let you know about any delay once I'm at that point.