[PD] useful abstractions from wrapping python scripts

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Mar 29 01:44:40 CEST 2005

Hey all,

Since I've been moving my TOT functions over to python scripts I've
created a couple of useful abstractions. I was wondering if anyone else
was working on a similar thing. I've decided to wrap my py externals in
abstractions so that the act more like normal PD objects (but not
bothering with pyext).

so far I have only two:

stripExtension.pd
dirlist.pd

I'm planning on adding stripPath to leave only the filename from a path left.

Anyhow I think a collection of little easy pythonscripts acting as
abstractions would be great for all those little things like
stringprocessing.

also I have a tot abstraction [dirpanel] that just executes
tk_chooseDirectory.

Makes sense to discuss this to limit redundancy in abstractions.

B.