[PD] Prime limit sliders

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:05:31 CEST 2005

I want to create a microtonal step sequencer.
I'm wondering if this is possible:
I want to be able to set the prime limits separately, like how many
powers of each prime number up to 17 or so will be allowed as values.
Then, the pitch slider will give only values that are fractions where
the numerator and denominator are multiples of those primes.

For instance, with the prime limits:
3-4
5-1
7-1
11-1
13-0
17-0

I would get values like:
11/8
3/2
8/5
5/3
27/16
12/7
7/4
16/9
9/5

Or maybe they could be displayed as stuff like 5x7/3x3x13 or whatnot.
2 would be assumed infinite, at least for now.  One option that would
be okay would be numerator and denominator displayed in separate
boxes, if they could be controlled by one slider.

I'm thinking a/b = c, and the value of c determines the pitch value,
but a and b are displayed.  The trouble is that every possible value
of a/b would have to be known to put them in order.
Is it possible?

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--