[PD] monophonic behavior...(again) how to get the lowest note?

federico xaero at inwind.it
Wed Mar 30 17:03:48 CEST 2005

matthew jones ha scritto:

> is C10.monophonic.synth any use for this?
>
> I remember writing exactly what you describe, using manually sorted
> lists to store the last 6 notes pressed.  Then it was pointed out that
> Miller had solved this in one of the example patches, which caused me
> some embarrassment.

nope.
C10.monophonic.synth simply strips note-on messages, so the last note
you press is the actual pitch of the osc (nothing happens when you
release a note).

what i wanted is instead keep in memory all notes that are pressed, and
dinamically get the lowest/highest note (e.g.: if you release the actual
lowest note, the new lowest note would became another note).

i coded two simple externals that do the job (and tell you the gate
status also, eg. if there are notes pressed or not). you can find on my
(under construction) website http://xaero.ath.cx/cms/software

bye!

--
Federico