[PD] Re:ffmpeg~/pdp

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Thu Mar 31 05:24:27 CEST 2005

ola,

> In the meantime, I've dropped my search for pdp_ffmpeg~ and switched to trying
pdp_theonice~

nice decision.
note, it will only be useful if you connect to an icecast > 2.2...
or one from : http://mediacast1.com/~karl/

> However, I run into the same problem: pd can't create it, along with several
other objects, including
> pdp_charcoal, pdp_i (but pdp_o is okay) and pdp_icedthe~

pdp_theonice~ and pdp_icedthe~ are available from PiDiP 0.12.18 on...
so that's normal you don't have them in 0.12.17.

pdp_charcoal is an abstraction, so you must lack the path to where the
abstraction is.
you can use the -path option from pd to set it right.

concerning pdp_i, i don't understand, should be there along with pdp_o,
the help patch id called help-pdp_streaming.pd.

suerte,
sevy