[PD] capture audio and video

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Fri Apr 1 18:40:50 CEST 2005

I've never done it with GEM, which doesn't mean it's not possible, or
not easy.

BUT, for Open Source capping, there's lots of stuff, depending on what
OS you're running. For linux, the standard is dvgrab. Kino helps by
giving a GUI frontend to dvgrab.

On windows there's a great little app called avigrab or something... I
couldn't find it last week when I was googling, but it's nice and simple
and easy. There's also VirtualDub and its many progenitors.

Can't say what's on OSX.

this page shows up with a simple Google: http://faq.arstechnica.com/?i=4
and it appears the good little windows app is WinDV, not avigrab. Google
is your friend. Also I know this has been asked before, so searching the
archives would help as well.

-Ian

http://www.0x09.com