[PD] capture audio and video

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 16:41:59 CEST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 3:32 AM, r.visinoni at aliceposta.it wrote:

> Hi,
> I've developed a friction model for my last exam at the university, I
> also used a GEM graphical patch to drive that external I created with
> PD.
> I would like to capture a video from that GEM graphical patch together
> with
> the audio. Is it possible to do this with PD or with another freeware
> software,
> or I'll have to use an external webcam, recorde the audio with an
> external
> software and then merge them?
> Thanks in advance

hi,
...the quick answer is that no, you can't capture video and audio
together with gem...it would be pretty slow, since it's having to read
from the gpu framebuffer, and they weren't really designed with that in
mind (at least the commodity ones)...

...it'd be my suggestion to use some form of dv-bridge (say, a camera
or a dazzle hollywood), and output to that and then loopback from there
to the computer you wish to further utilize them in...

james