[PD] Re: Mac OS X installer with library documentation

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Apr 1 17:46:08 CEST 2005

 From my end I am not arguing the VALUE of having both the pd.app extra
AND the ~/Library/pd/extra paths. Though this method is harder for a new
user, and I mean a lot harder, about as hard as the concept of
/usr/local/lib/pd on OSX STILL is for people.

Anyone have a suggestion to the pixelTANGO problem of a special dynamic
abstractions folder? If allowing pixelTANGO to watch both an internal
extra folder to the pd.app AND an external one in the users ~/ satisfies
everyone then I can go this way... name-conflicts would be pretty ugly
though... If two abstractions have the same name then they would have
different paths and not stomp on one and other, BUT the ;
pd-abstraction.pd messages I suppose would not work since they would be
bound to both abstractions with the same base-name?

B.