[PD] joysticks with hid

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 1 19:58:07 CEST 2005

/dev/input/js? are created by the "joydev" and use a data struct
specific to joysticks.  The /dev/input/event? devices are created by
"evdev" and use a data struct designed to be general to all human
interface devices.

So you need to "modprobe evdev" and find which /dev/input/event? device
your joysticks are on.  I am planning on making this much easier in
future versions of [hid], with device names like: [hid joystick1], [hid
mouse2], etc.

.hc