[PD] Advice: best way to do matrix-rotation in PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 1 21:58:17 CEST 2005

Hallo,
B. Bogart hat gesagt: // B. Bogart wrote:

> So I had the great idea of using matrix rotation to rotate the control
> points on various axes to distort the cube. In order to get this to work
> I need to solve two problems:
>
> A. I need to be able to do matrix-rotation fast and efficiently, and I'd
> rather not need an external to do it!

I'm not sure that I understand what exactly you want to do, but to me
it sounds as if this would be a simple task for zexy's matrix/mtx
objects. Matrix rotation then simply is a multiplication of two
matrices using [mtx_mult] rsp. [mtx_*] The only real problem then
would be point B:

> B. I need to query the current position of each point before I can
> rotate it.

namely building the matrices from the 3D data, but the needed data
probably already is available somewhere.

Of course zexy is an external library, but I suppose it's installed
more often than [py].

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41