[PD] joysticks with hid

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 2 09:11:59 CEST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 12:35 PM, august wrote:

>> I have the same problem.   the joystick on my usb port is mapped to
>> /dev/input/js0 and not /dev/input/event0
>>
>> any ideas how to change this/get around it?
>
> hmmm.  just found the rawjoystick external under rawhid/
>
> seems to work....wonderfully.
>
> might help to have a README somewhere with the files.
>
> best -august.

Crazy... I wrote [rawjoystick] and I don't think I ever saw it
working... I think Olaf Matthes was the one who got it working...
Anyway, that is defunct, as are [linuxevent] and [linuxjoystick].  All
of this has been wrapped into [hid].

As for /dev/input/event?, you just need to have the 'evdev' module
loaded to get those devices.

____

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!