[PD] Impulse Response - Convolution Reverb

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 2 14:49:00 CEST 2005

hi davide

i found two objects for doing convolution:

[partconv~] from ben saylor
http://puredata.info/Members/bensaylor/partconv~-0.1.tar.gz/file_view

[FIR~] from iemlib
http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/iemlib/

partconv means partitioned convolution. i'm not an expert, but afaik
this means it makes a few small convolutions instead of one very big.
this makes [partconv~] less cpu consumptive than [FIR~].

for doing reverb i suggest to use [partconv~], because of the huge
length of the IR.

cheers
roman