[PD] Re: Mac OS X installer with library documentation

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 2 17:57:16 CEST 2005

That's a good point which I forgot.  My main point is that we should
try to set things up so that the Pd.app never needs to be modified, so
that upgrades are just a matter of deleting one Pd.app and swapping in
the new one.  (This applies to all platforms, of course, just not the
.app part;).

In the MacOS X way, there are two mirrored locations for such
application extensions: system (/Library/Pd) and user (~/Library/Pd).
So on Windows we could have "C:\Program Files\Common\Pd" and
"C:\Documents and Settings\username\...blah blah...\Pd".  On UNIX, the
same idea "/usr/local/lib/pd" and "~/lib/pd", or something like that.

.hc

____

                                     http://at.or.at/hans/