[PD] Prime limit sliders

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 05:54:17 CEST 2005

Hi, Mathieu.  This sounds pretty intense, but maybe because I haven't
gotten that far into Pd.  That is dead on, though, to just have the
slider go smoothly decimal and use the closest value in the table.
That would work perfectly.  I never considered that the grid would
have to be double the exponents + 1.  Never occured to me.
Wow, I kind of understand this.

Might it be less involved to have the possible values of the sliders
determined by a prime to the power of -1 to 1 (maybe throwing 9 in as
a "prime"), but this ratio being multiplied by all of the last 7 or 8
pitches, and the results being the available pitches?  In that case, I
can't imagine what would happen if you changed a note in the middle of
the sequence.  But this would allow endless modulation in small,
rational steps.

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--