[PD] Re: multi-colored arrays inside one table || zoomable tables ?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Apr 5 00:32:11 CEST 2005

hi carmen,

ix at replic.net wrote:
> note to the tk lovers: BLT is great..

indeed it is... I have some questions, though, and need help.

Is it maintained anymore?  There is a problem, which I think was
posted into their bug db over 2 years ago, with accessing vectors
in a namespace through the array syntax.  I need vectors to be
plugged as graph variables, and want them in a namespace, because
that seems like the best way of storing the state of toxy widget
instances.

How should Tcl packages be installed by Windows Pd users that
might not even be aware of Tcl existence?

Is there a simple generic design possible for synchronizing Tcl
containers with Pd containers, without transferring the entire
contents after any mouse movement?  For example, if there is
a widget defined in "editor.wid", it may be instantiated as
[widget editor ...], and interfaced by invoking its @-handlers.
There should also be a generic mechanism for implementing
editable container Pd objects with direct access to the edited
data, while using the widget definition in "editor.wid" for
appearance (either on a canvas, or in a separate window), and
control.

Krzysztof