[PD] Installer 0.38 question

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 5 10:46:27 CEST 2005

timon botez wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried Hans Christians recent installer for PD on OSX.
> So Im wondering if the extra libs - like zexy and Gem are bundled in the
> application why dont they autoload on launch? Tried to find some
because it will be eating all your memory and because there are (still)
unresolved nameclashes between libraries and because i (not being the
maintainer of any installer-packages at all) think that people should
have a minimum idea of what they are actually using on their machines.

in addition it has some extra advertising effect. i mean: just seeing
that something zexy is loaded is one thing; but when you ever bothered
to make it load you will remember it at least one pc-lifecycle and that
pays _my_ taxes...

> documentation on how to activate them without success. Ive been using
> terminal for all up until today.
is this intended to be pro or contra terminal ?
i mean, i am very happy with using the terminal and i will not stop to
start pd from my xterm just because it's gui has become fancy (it gives
me some feeling of control ;-))
otoh, you might feel like "i still have to use that shity terminal and i
was looking forward to the one-click installer, starter, registrar and
everything of pd for the last half decade)

> Any pointers or commands?
like ben suggested: in the File->Startup section you have an interface
to the pd-startup properties. add the libraries you want to load there,
and probably some other flags.

mfg.asd.asdr
IOhannes