[PD] newbie-qustion: putting a canvas in the background?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 6 10:18:24 CEST 2005

Lutz Scheulen wrote:
> Hi list,

> If I create the canvas after(!) creating the gui-objects it will allways
> be on top of them (covering them).
yes

> Is there any 'layer'-funktionality like in graphics-apps, or any message
> which I can send to it to put it to the background?

short answer: NO.

i just select all the objects that are covered by the canvas _but_ the
canvas itself and make "Ctrl-X Ctrl-Z" to put them on top of the canvas
(the inner state of the the so moved copy-n-pasted objects will be cleared!)

the first versions of canvas had this already built in (to be precise:
it was really "Ctrl-A Ctrl-X Ctrl-V" which was naughtier as you would
eventually loosing connections outside of the patch too) but this is
gone (as it pretended to be a solution while it was a dirty hack)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes

> p.s.: I'm on debian sid, pd 0.38.4

so Ctrl-Z will work