[PD] Connecting a PC with a Mac for sending data

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Wed Apr 6 12:44:56 CEST 2005

Hi Enrique,
You just have to make sure the computers are on the same subnet. So if
you give one IP number 192.168.0.1 and the other 192.168.0.2 use subnet
255.255.255.0

You may have to use a crossover cable if you're going to connect them
directly with a single ethernet cable between the two. However, I think
most recent macs have crossover detection so they detect when a
crossover is needed and adjust themselves accordingly. If you go through
a hub you don't need crossover cables.

Palli

enrique franco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a multimedia project and I need to connect a PC and a
> MAC for processing Gem and PD patches. I want to control Gem with one
> computer and audio with the other.
> I have a PC winxp and an Imac G5 with macosx 10.3.7. I would like to
> use the netsend & netreceive objects.
>
> My questions are:
>
> Can I connect the computers via ethertnet? How?
>
> What do I need to do to setup the ports and IP addresses?
>
> I will appreciate your help,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Enrique

Pall Thayer