[PD] Questions from newbie

CK chris at lo-res.org
Thu Apr 7 17:00:45 CEST 2005

I read:
> Apart from the on-line documentation and help files, have there
> been any books published about PD?

http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/

the max/msp manual/tutorials you can find online should also apply to
a large extent, (http://www.cycling74.com/products/dldoc.html)

a couple of years ago I read Winkler's book
(http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=4435)
just because I snapped it up relatively cheap in england - but I was
rather disappointed.

Then there are several classic texts on sythesis that are pretty good:

Roads, The Computer Music Tutorial
(don't take this with you when travelling ;)
Roads, Microsound
(If you happen to be into granular synthesis)
Dodge/Jerse, Computer Music
(a rather compact review of computer music techniques)
Moore, Elements of Computer Music
(if you want to know what's going on behind the mirror, I found
 it excellent, but a little background in music and programming
 wont hurt)

regards,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)