[PD] Pd -rt flag, 2.6 kernel and debian package

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Apr 8 18:20:06 CEST 2005

> Finally I think I have been able to reproduce the problems Tim had
> with the Debian package. It seems that it was not the fault of
> Pablo's ALSA MIDI patch, but a problem with the 2.6 kernel and
> usage of the -rt flag.
> (The memory locking on 2.6 seems to be quite different from 2.4
> kernels)
well, i was running on 2.6 kernels, but without -rt as ordinary user ...

> I uploaded a new package, with Tim's memlock patch applied and with
> workarounds for the ALSA midi drive
thanks a lot ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs