[PD] controllers besides midi

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sat Apr 9 11:03:18 CEST 2005

hi paris,

Am Samstag 09 April 2005 05:42 schrieb Paris Treantafeles:
> hello,
>
> i've been doing some patches with PD/GEM and using the knobs on my midi
> keyboard to control things.
> the problem is that the resolution with midi is not good enough.
> what is a better way to control objects externally?
> knobs, sliders, etc...

you might want to take a look at the usb multio box from me :

http://multio.mamalala.de

it is a do-it-yourself electronic project that will give you plenty of i/o to
your computer, with a really nice resolution (12 bit for ad and da).
you can hook up faders to it, knobs, sensors, button, lights....
whatever you want .....

if you arent able to do such a project yourself, you may know someone who can
help you with that. if anything fails, i may be able to help you with that as
well.

also, right now i am creating a "stripprd down" version of that. it will have
the same extendability, but fit on a single board and is powered bny the usb
instead of a extra wallwart. that should be ready in about a month or two.

> thanks,
> paris

greets,

chris