[PD] devel working with jack

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Sun Apr 10 04:32:06 CEST 2005

tim nice news:

i'm happy to let you know that devel 0.38.4 -rt with jack -R on a linux
box (gentoo, ck-kernel) work better then ever:

no glitch at all (not even by the gui)
load samples without drops in sound
externals are loading fine now

so what i did:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co
-r devel_0_38 pd
./bootstrap
./configure --enable-jack --enable-fftw --enable-optimize
--enable-threadedsf --enable-gathreadlocks --enable-setuid
make
su (root)
make install
install -m644 ./bin/pd.tk /usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd.tk
install: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd.tk': No
such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install-exec-local] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/patrick/src/pd/src'
make: *** [install-am] Error
?

lauching pd from /pd/src is working (but i had to copy -R bin /pd), so
now i stick with that. the first time i load pd with (-rt -audiobuf 128
-sleepgrain 32 (audiobuf / 4)) i got some glitchs. so i switched the cb
scheduler to on and no more glitchs. i think you did something with this
option? if i'm not dreaming, i have another request to make. can you
save the state of this switch so we don't have to reset it each time we
open pd devel?

also, but less important (and maybe other can help me with this). the
options i passed to ./configure are thoses that i "understand". should i
also add : (P4, 2.6, gcc 3.3.5)

  --enable-simd           use SIMD code (default=no)
  --enable-optimize       enables optimized builds for: pentium4
  --enable-atomic         use atomic operations
  --enable-newhash        use 16 bit symbol hash table
  --enable-icc            icc support

thank you,
patrick