[PD] devel working with jack

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Apr 10 10:58:02 CEST 2005

> install -m644 ./bin/pd.tk /usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd.tk
> install: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd.tk': No
> such file or directory
i'll look into this one ...

> lauching pd from /pd/src is working (but i had to copy -R bin /pd), so
> now i stick with that. the first time i load pd with (-rt -audiobuf
> 128 -sleepgrain 32 (audiobuf / 4)) i got some glitchs. so i switched
> the cb scheduler to on and no more glitchs. i think you did something
> with this option? if i'm not dreaming, i have another request to make.
> can you save the state of this switch so we don't have to reset it
> each time we open pd devel?
1. jack overrides the -audiobuf settings
2. override takes ms as argument, not samples
3. sleepgrain takes ms as argument. it should be in the range of 0.1 to
   5. 0.1 produces a lot of overhead, though.
for jack, don't touch the audiobuf setting at all, the sleepgrain for
128 samples will be automatically set to 0.66 ms (48000 kHz)

> also, but less important (and maybe other can help me with this). the
> options i passed to ./configure are thoses that i "understand". should
> i also add : (P4, 2.6, gcc 3.3.5)
>
>   --enable-simd           use SIMD code (default=no)
>   --enable-optimize       enables optimized builds for: pentium4
>   --enable-atomic         use atomic operations
>   --enable-newhash        use 16 bit symbol hash table
>   --enable-icc            icc support

i'm using:
./configure --enable-newhash --enable-jack --enable-fftw --enable-simd
--enable-optimize=pentium4 --enable-threadedsf --enable-atomic
--enable-debug

note: --enable-optimize takes an argument
      after having several problems with icc, i'm not using it any more
      (might work now, but not sure)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs