[PD] building all external on linux

cyrille cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Apr 11 23:56:29 CEST 2005

hello,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> thanks hans! it works now. but, i was wondering about a thing. why is
>> zexy.pd_linux not in /build/linux? or pmpd? what other externals are  not
>> compile/copy?
>

> Those have their own build system.  No one has added them to the
> externals/build setup.  Ideally everything would be built there...

yes, they have there own build system and it's not really a good point.
they really should be in the external build system : it is so usefull...

i had a look at the build system, and i don't really understand how does
it work. specially to link all .c file to the  /src folder.
the readme says  "In order to be platform independent this is done via
c-includes." (?)
is there some more documentation somwhere to explain how to add stuff to
the build system?

thanks
Cyrille