[PD] converting [pan~] from -45 - 45 to 0 - 1

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 12 20:13:01 CEST 2005

I am writing a set of panning externals written in Pd that will have a
standardized interface so that all of the pan objects use the same
options, etc.  I plan on implementing a number different algorithms
(equal power, linear, etc.) and have them all use 0 as left and 1 as
right.  Also,  they will all have the requisite [line~] inside as well.
  The idea is a set of complete pan control objects.

The problem is that the motex lib has [pan~] and [pansig~], both of
which use -45 as left and 45 as right.  How much do people use these
objects?  AFAIK, motex is not maintained anymore (perhaps it doesn't
need to be).

Would it be a major hassle if these objects were deprecated, so that in
future distros, you'd have to call the motex [pan~] by [motex/pan~] or
set the -path option to include it?

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                     -William Carlos Williams