[PD] Re: recompiling pd tk error?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 06:01:45 CEST 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 5:29 PM, Pat Pagano wrote:

> Hans,
> What do i need to compile cvs GEM?
> can you link me so i can catch up and maybe help out debugging for you
> and james?

hey pat,

...you only need two external library's to compile GEM:

FTGL: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/index.html#FTGL

freetype2:  http://freetype.sf.net

...personally, i'm using freetype2.1.9 and FTGL 2.1.2...

...then you need to get the gem cvs, but unfortunately I've still not
gotten around to updating the project builder project (mainly because I
no longer use project builder)...I'm using xcode now, and don't know if
I should add another "gem.xcode" to the cvs or not (seems
excessive)...eventually I'd like to go to an xcode template using the
makefile system, cuz that'd be best for everyone involved...maybe
sooner than later!

...anyway, I've u/l'ed a new gem.pd_darwin binary to my website:

http://homepage.mac.com/tigital

...this is specifically compiled for G4's, so it's likely to cause
probs on g5's when using the altivec stuff...

...lemme know how it goes,
jamie