[PD] pdp_ieee1394: grabber,initialization failed

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 15:28:40 CEST 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 8:22 AM, ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:
>>> the point is, if you submit code without having testing it on linux,
>>> it's a nonono..... lack of respect for real workers.
>>
>> ...Really, this is just farcical that you imagine that all changes
>> checked in are to be tested so widely..
>
> no!!! it's not.

...yeh, good dialogue there:  point/counterpoint, I like...it's
generally understood that cvs head (or as some people say, "top of
tree") is potentially unstable...it's a simple matter to regress to the
previous version, and I think you miss the point of collaboration; that
is, "people working together on a single project"...

>>> i asked you _many_ times to send me your code so that
>>> i can check it myself AND YOU NEVER DID...
>>
>> ...oh, I did send you the code, and I assumed that you had looked at
>> it
>> when you gave IOhannes the ok (when you were recently in graz) to give
>> me cvs access...but I guess that assumption was way wrong, oh well...
>
> sorry, i might loose some bits of memory,
> but you just sent me a link to you site
> without much explanation and _not_ the right gem
> to make it work or test it.

...yeh, I didn't send you a patched version of pd for osx either...I
did mention that you needed the cvs head for gem...

> it's also true i was quite busy and didn't have much time to dig into
> it.
> ( don't forget FADAIAT 2 : http://www.fadaiat.net )

...wow, never heard of it, so how would I remember it?  And please
don't expect that I have any more time to fool with this/you:  I
suspect that all the developers on pd are "quite busy"...

> barking avoid you to bite.

...more like a flamethrower:  napalm keeps things from growing.

> i'm _not_ sorry,

...well, you already did just above, but with your demeanor, it's not
expected:  if you can't admit you just fly off the handle, you'll just
keep repeating the same tired behaviors and further alienate yourself
from people who tried to collaborate...

> but best,

...sure (starts working on other fruitful collaborations)

james