[PD] streaming audio

Niklas Saers niklas at registrar.no
Wed Apr 13 21:04:50 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm setting up a linux box that I want to stream audio to and from. In a
while, I will want to connect three of my fellow students who are
connected to the same LAN, one Windows user. I've been trying out
stream[in/out]13~ as ggee didn't compile up on my OS X installation. The
setup is:

Linux:
osc~ 440                         [connect 192.168.1.35 8008]
streamout13~ 192.168.1.35 8008 1
<number box saying 1 or 0>

OS X:
streamin13~ 8008
dac 1

The server connects, and "netstat -w 1" says that roughly 90kb/sec is
passed over my network. No audio comes out of the OS X box, though
"compute audio" is on on both boxes. Testing the Linux box with a dac~,
I get to know that osc~ works as expected. Doing an env~ and feeding it
to a number box gives me a constant zero.

Is stream[in/out]~ a good tool for what I'm trying to do? If not, what
tools should I be examining? If so, any clues to what I might be doing
wrong?

Cheers

    Nik