[PD] "Robotic Church" Open House in Brooklyn, NY, USA

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 14 00:58:26 CEST 2005

We are having an studio open house at the Smo~King Church, home base
for Amorphic Robot Works (http://amorphicrobotworks.org ).  A new work,
"The Forest of Totem Poles", is just being finished up will be going to
the Indianapolis Museum of Art shortly.  Michael Morlan will be
exhibiting some drawings and paintings.  Steel Neal
(http://steelneal.com ) is working on his massive steel figure, "The
Ecstasy of Man".  I'll be setting up the ARW robot that I programmed,
"YoYo Berimbau" (http://at.or.at/hans/yoyo ).

YoYo was completely programmed in Pd, and Pd was used in the
development of "The Forest of Totem Poles".

The church is at 111 Pioneer St. between Van Brunt and Richards in Red
Hook, Brooklyn, NY, USA.  The open house is Saturday 4/16 from noon to
6pm.

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore